Your Ideas for More Affordable Investigations
on Blog Budgets/Security ROI, Investigations • posted 03/11/16
- A restaurant chain said they’ve cut time and costs by enhancing its online information sharing of investigative reports.
- A landmark hotel in Washington D.C. said that automation via its computer-based reporting system has cut costs, as did a truck rental firm, an energy firm, and several others.
- Several respondents noted that they’ve used computerization and the ease of information sharing to centralize the investigation function, which has made the investigations process more efficient.
A few companies said they’re focusing on major investigations and have cut back on small-scale investigations to save money. However, several respondents said they’ve increased investigations in an effort to plug process holes and eliminate sources of loss.
- A financial firm in Wisconsin said it cut costs by establishing a set protocol for all investigations.
- A California resort found that spending money on additional training and education of investigators saved money overall by reducing the average time that investigations now take.
- The security director for a large manufacturer in Texas now conducts more investigative interviews over the phone to save money.